Friday, May 20, 2011

Planting Flowers

We were able to work only two days in the yard this week. However, the lawn got mowed on Monday and dethatched on Tuesday by 5 Star Landscape. He charged $75. Already it looks better. We still need to put fertilizer down and then spot patch some of the worst spots.

Yesterday we planted the John F. Kennedy rose and weeded, sprayed the other roses and mulched around them. I also fertilized the older roses. The area looks nice.

In the front we split up the two 1/4 flats of Snow Flake moss phlox into 12 pieces and planted them around the walkway lights. I think they will grow although they were in flower at the time.

I weeded my perrenial bed and cut back the lavender which is taking over everything. The correopsis has not come up. Although it did well last year, I am thinking that we have lost those plants.

There is still no sign of life on the butterfly bush. Because it has been so cold we still are hoping to see it bud as of yet.

No comments: