Tuesday, June 5, 2012

More News From the Yard

Last night we worked for 2 hours in the yard.   I got plants dead headed and a little weeding done and cleaned up some dead folage from bulbs.

A long the south side Centerfold Lily is blooming. 

In the backyard:   The scent first passion dianthus is still blooming.   It's going to be a keeper.   I need to take a picture of it.   We should have invested in more colors of that dianthus.   The Julia Child Rose is in bloom and doing well.   I managed to stop the spread of the black spot on it's leaves.   The Wild Blue Yonder is also in bloom and doing really well.   The branches fill in with lots of leaves.  The QE2 has buds but not bloomed yet.  It's leaves are so much sparcer, but the flowers bloom until November so what can I say.

Wayne planted much of the vegetable garden.   I also checked on new plants in the perennial patch.   The area is moist and they are doing well.   There is one tiny blossom on the scabiosa.   I expect these to grow bigger.   The coreopsis is still growing but needs to be moved.

No comments: